Hands of Industry
1957 / William M. McVey / Cleveland Heights
A stylized concrete fountain forming the shape of the palm of a hand in a cupped position. It represents the many hands that go into the manufacture of cement. When Medusa Cement occupied this building, there was a Medusa head sculpture mounted on the wall near Hand, but that was removed to the Botanical Garden in University Circle (see entry for Medusa here elsewhere).