OOSI Sculpture

Justice (removed)

1876-1941 / Muer & Schilduecher / Cleveland

Justice-1.jpg

"Justice" statue, installed in 1875, was removed from the old Court House ca. 1932. In August of 1941 it was photographed at the Harris Wrecking Co. 1963 W. 3rd St, in Cleveland (though the accompanying article suggests it was or had been at the Newman Co. yard under the Lorain-Carnegie Bridge). Amherst Blue Stone.

Previous Location: Old Court House on NW corner of Public Square, Seneca Street (W. 3rd) side.

County

: Cuyahoga

Tags

:

Citation

: Muer & Schilduecher, “Justice (removed),” Ohio Outdoor Sculpture Inventory, accessed August 16, 2018, http://oosi.sculpturecenter.org/items/show/1280.

Dublin Core

Title

Justice (removed)

Description

"Justice" statue, installed in 1875, was removed from the old Court House ca. 1932. In August of 1941 it was photographed at the Harris Wrecking Co. 1963 W. 3rd St, in Cleveland (though the accompanying article suggests it was or had been at the Newman Co. yard under the Lorain-Carnegie Bridge). Amherst Blue Stone.

Date

1876-1941

Subject

Source

Plain Dealer, March 10, 1976

Sculpture Item Type Metadata

Location City

Location County

Location Previous

Old Court House on NW corner of Public Square, Seneca Street (W. 3rd) side.

Installation Date

May 5, 1876